Saturday, December 29, 2012

Cambozola? Success!

I reported on my November 19th Cambozola make in my other blog and again here on earlier this month.  At the time I wasn't sure what to expect, since I added the cultures in a--umm--non-standard way.  As the cheese aging progressed, I wasn't sure what I had, or even if it were edible.  I am here to report that IT WAS!  And magnificently so, I might add.

I cut into both round a few days ago, still not sure I liked what I was seeing and tasting.
 
Ever looking for another cheese opinion, I brought a half over to my neighbor down the road.  She and her house guests pronounced it eminently tasty, especially with a bit of sea salt sprinkled on to enhance the flavor.

Today, I took the plunge myself.  Here it is, a quick and delectable supper, savory cheese, sprinkled with a touch of red mineral salt, matched with fresh chunks of pineapple.  My cheese, whether it can rightfully be called a cambozola or not, was a success.  Ah! This is how life is supposed to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment